Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Back to the Future Trilogy


Can you say CLASSIC!?? I mean how can you not love this movie: The Delorian, time travel, a crazy old man, a wanna be rockstar, and one of the best movie sets EVER! This will be one that our kids, and their kids and probably their kids will watch and talk about and probably wonder why there still aren't flying cars. I heard an interview with Christopher Lloyd yesterday, aka Doc Brown, which flooded me with wonderful memories of watching Back to the Future as a kid, in my youth and now as an adult. I remember so clearly when the trilogy came out on DVD. It was right before Christmas my junior year and I insisted on having it! There it was Christmas morning in all of it's glory. I have a problem when I watch BTTF. I must watch them all, one will simply not suffice. So needless to say, Christmas Day was spent in the company of Marty and Doc.
My favorite is the first one, it lays the groundwork for the wonderful sequels that would follow in its place. This trilogy is full of classic one liners: "Hey McFly" "You are my density" "You can't let your future self run into your present self" "It's time to send you back to the future" and etc. I am sure you can all think of your favorite one liners from this series!
To me, Marty McFly is Michael J. Fox! I think Marty is one of those great characters who doesn't get enough credit. Yes Yes I know, he appeals largely to a teen demographic, but he is so iconic. He is just trying to fit in with his family and in school and always seems to be getting in trouble in the process. It's an odd but wonderful friendship that he forms with Doc Brown! Again, a Hollywood friendship that will be remembered for years to come.

I give this 4 out 4 Delorians! If you haven't seen it or haven't seen it a long time, it is time to remember why America fell in love with Back to the Future, Marty McFly and Doc Brown!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Heck yes!! I always quote Biff, "HELLO?! MCFLY!!! ANYONE HOME?!" hahaaaa :) Such a classic!